We are delighted to announce that following today’s announcement by the First Minister we will be able to welcome guests again from 4th July. Now more than ever, the health and wellbeing of our guests, cleaners and the local community will be our highest priority and so we have overhauled our policies and procedures to ensure we are operating safely. We will continue to monitor government advice throughout this ever changing situation to make sure our policies are up to date at all times. At present the majority of tourist attractions remain closed but there is some scope for limited reopening of other businesses from the end of June onwards. We will email guests prior to arrival advising what is open.
Key changes we have made to our cleaning procedures are highlighted below in order to minimize the risk for those cleaning contracting the virus and ensuring the accommodation is safe for new guests:
- A Covid-19 Risk Assessment has been carried out on the property
- Decorative items such as cushions, throws, ornaments (& other items we have deemed non essential) have been removed from the property to minimize contamination risk
- Self check in has been implemented and we will email through guest information about the local area and things to see & do as we have removed the guest information folder from the property for the time being
- Check in time on day of arrival will now be 5pm and check out will be 9am. This is the allow the property to be changed over the same day and ensure it will be unoccupied for a sufficient period after cleaning before the next guests arrive.
- Guests are encouraged to make use of the hand sanitizer and disinfectant left in the property for their use to minimize the risk of spreading Coronavirus both in the property and the local community.
- We will test our temperature prior to cleaning the property on changeover days & full PPE will be worn while cleaning
- Hand sanitizer will be used before we enter the property to clean, each time we replace our gloves and when leaving the property
- We will use a key safe to enter the property. Keys and key safes will be cleaned with anti-viral disinfectant before and after use
- The property will be aired during cleaning, with all windows opened to allow fresh air to circulate
- We will follow a ‘clean first, then disinfect’ protocol
- When we clean the property, gloves will be replaced between rooms and changed immediately after ‘high’ risk jobs like emptying bins and cleaning sanitaryware. Gloves will also be replaced after removing linen from a bed and before putting clean linen on.
- Used bed linen will be removed carefully with no shaking and immediately sealed in a black bag, then removed from the property for cleaning. Linens will be washed on a hot 60 degree cycle. Duvets and pillows will be rotated (removed from the property and stored for at least 72 hours between use.
- A new cleaning cloth will be used for each room
- Particular attention will be paid to high touch areas such as light switches, tv remotes, door handles, small kitchen appliances, taps, etc
- All crockery, cutlery, glassware will be put through the dishwasher on a hot wash.
- Soft furnishings such as carpets and curtains will be steam cleaned and then misted with anti-viral disinfectant.
- A cleaning checklist will be provided to guests on arrival for transparency
We ask for guests co-operation during these strange times and that if you show any symptoms of Coronavirus before your visit please do not travel. We are offering free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival or can work with you to move your booking to a new date. If you or any other guests have symptoms of Coronavirus we ask that you tell us straight away. You will be expected to vacate the property and return home to self isolate in line with current government advice in order to minimize the risk of spreading to the local community.
Book with confidence knowing we are now offering free cancellation on bookings up to 48 hours prior to arrival. We strongly advise you take out UK travel insurance to cover your holiday should you become ill or need to cancel within this period as our usual terms and conditions will apply. Available weeks are booking up fast and so don’t delay. In the event that the lockdown is extended or we enter into a ‘Second Wave’ and our property is forced to close again, we will offer you a refund or the opportunity to move your booking to an alternative date.