FAQs – Covid-19 (24 June 2020)
We are delighted to announce that following today’s announcement by the First Minister we will be able to welcome guests again from 4th July. Now more than ever, the health and wellbeing of our guests, cleaners and the local community will be our highest priority and so we have overhauled our policies and procedures to ensure we are operating safely. We will continue to monitor government advice throughout this ever changing situation to make sure our policies are up to date at all times.
Key changes we have made to our cleaning procedures are highlighted below in order to minimize the risk for those cleaning contracting the virus and ensuring the accommodation is safe for new guests:
- A Covid-19 Risk Assessment has been carried out on the property
- Decorative items such as cushions, throws, ornaments (& other items we have deemed non essential) have been removed from the property to minimize contamination risk
- Self check in has been implemented and we will email through guest information about the local area and things to see & do as we have removed the guest information folder from the property for the time being
- Check in time on day of arrival will now be 5pm and check out will be 9am. This is the allow the property to be changed over the same day and ensure it will be unoccupied for a sufficient period after cleaning before the next guests arrive.
- Guests are encouraged to make use of the hand sanitizer and disinfectant left in the property for their use to minimize the risk of spreading Coronavirus both in the property and the local community.
- We will test our temperature prior to cleaning the property on changeover days & full PPE will be worn while cleaning
- Hand sanitizer will be used before we enter the property to clean, each time we replace our gloves and when leaving the property
- We will use a key safe to enter the property. Keys and key safes will be cleaned with anti-viral disinfectant before and after use
- The property will be aired during cleaning, with all windows opened to allow fresh air to circulate
- We will follow a ‘clean first, then disinfect’ protocol
- When we clean the property, gloves will be replaced between rooms and changed immediately after ‘high’ risk jobs like emptying bins and cleaning sanitaryware. Gloves will also be replaced after removing linen from a bed and before putting clean linen on.
- Used bed linen will be removed carefully with no shaking and immediately sealed in a black bag, then removed from the property for cleaning. Linens will be washed on a hot 60 degree cycle. Duvets and pillows will be rotated (removed from the property and stored for at least 72 hours between use.
- A new cleaning cloth will be used for each room
- Particular attention will be paid to high touch areas such as light switches, tv remotes, door handles, small kitchen appliances, taps, etc
- All crockery, cutlery, glassware will be put through the dishwasher on a hot wash.
- Soft furnishings such as carpets and curtains will be steam cleaned and then misted with anti-viral disinfectant.
- A cleaning checklist will be provided to guests on arrival for transparency
We ask for guests co-operation during these strange times and that if you show any symptoms of Coronavirus before your visit please do not travel. We are offering free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to arrival or can work with you to move your booking to a new date. If you or any other guests have symptoms of Coronavirus we ask that you tell us straight away. You will be expected to vacate the property and return home to self isolate in line with current government advice in order to minimize the risk of spreading to the local community. If you are unwell & cannot return home to self-isolate, and we are able to accommodate you, you will be expected to pay all costs for the extended stay to us.
Book with confidence knowing we are now offering free cancellation on bookings up to 48 hours prior to arrival. We strongly advise you take out UK travel insurance to cover your holiday should you become ill or need to cancel within this period as our usual terms and conditions will apply. Available weeks are booking up fast and so don’t delay. In the event that the lockdown is extended or we enter into a ‘Second Wave’ and our property is forced to close again, we will offer you a refund or the opportunity to move your booking to an alternative date.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. Arrival/Departure Times
Check in will be from 5pm on arrival day and check out by 9am on departure day. We will be operating a self check in/out by key box and will communicate usual guest information by email prior to arrival. We ask that guests strip their own beds prior to departure and place in black bags provided.
- 2. Guests
Groups are accepted up to a maximum of 4 people. No stag and hen groups. We do not cater for babies or infants but children aged 3 or over are welcome.
- 3. Dogs
We are dog friendly. One well behaved dog is welcome. There is an additional charge of £30 per dog per stay. We request that dogs are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture and that all trace of them is removed from the garden and the property at the end of the holiday. Pets must not be left at the property unsupervised as this can result in considerable damage and distress to the pet. We reserve the right to impose an additional charge if any additional cleaning is required.
- 4. No smoking
We have a strict no smoking policy in the property. No smoking is permitted in or on the property.
- 5. Parking
There is sufficient parking for up to 2 cars available on site and is free of charge.
- 6. Liability
Your safety whilst staying in our property is important to us. Whilst we have taken every care to provide a safe environment, we shall not be liable to you or any member of your party for any harm, loss or damage to person or property arising from the booking.
- 7. Damage/Care of the property
Other than minor breakages ie the odd glass or plate, all breakages, losses or damage and other extra costs will be charged for. Please report any breakages or damage to us in advance prior to departure. Where excessive cleaning is required or damage beyond normal wear and tear has occurred a charge will be made.
- 8. Guest Responsibility
All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace off all neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance/nuisance to neighbours or the owners.
- 9. Payment
A deposit equal to GBP 100.00 is required once booked. The deposit will be refunded according to the cancellation conditions. Full booking balance must be paid 48 hours prior to arrival. Payments by cash, bacs or Paypal
- 10. Cancellation
- If a booking is cancelled less than 48 hours before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
- Free cancellation if the booking is cancelled 48 hours or more before arrival date.
- In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
- Should we the owner have to make a significant change to or cancel your booking for any reason, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid and have the opportunity to rebook other dates at a reduced rate.
- 11. Force Majeure
In the rare event we need to cancel your booking with us, please be aware that we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control and that our liability to you is limited to the refund of any payment already made.